This project is a keyframe animator written for my Object Oriented Design class in Java using the Java Swing UI library. This was a half-semester-long partner project to create a program that renders animations like the ones below. The animator posed difficult challenges in model design and algorithmic efficiency, evident in the thousands of shapes in the big-bang animation on the left.
The project focused on developing a model-view-controller (MVC) architecture for rendering files describing animations of simple shapes. The animator provides the user with the following features at runtime.
- Play/pause the animation
- Move forward/backward in time
- Adjust the animation speed
- Play the animation on a loop
- Toggle the visibility of shapes
- Change the background color
- Export the animation with its current configurations as an SVG
The above SVGs were constructed using the animator! Below is a snapshot of the user interface.
If you would like to see the animator code, please reach out! The source is kept private due to course policy.